Real Butter Sugar Cookie Recipe
If you are going to really indulge this Christmas than there is no substitute for real butter in your sugar cookie recipe! The orange juice in this recipe adds a nice depth of flavor.
Sugar Cookie Ingredients:
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 tablespoons orange juice
1 tablespoon vanilla
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
decorator sugar, for sprinkling
1. Mix together the butter, sugar and the egg in a large bowl, beating at medium speed. Scrape the bowl often until combined and creamy.
2. Add vanilla and orange juice and mix well and continue to beat on a low speed.
3. While still beating on low, add flour and baking powder until well mixed.
4. Separate dough into thirds and then wrap each of the three in plastic wrap and flatten a bit.
5. Put into the fridge for about 2 to 3 hours until firm.
6. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
7. Lightly flour your work surface and roll out one of the thirds to be between 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick.
8. Use cookie cutters to cut out your sugar cookies and place 1 inch apart on an ungreased cookie baking sheet.
9. Sprinkle with decorator sugar and bake for 6 to 10 minutes or until edges have turned slightly brown.
Makes: 3 dozen sugar cookies
Easy Sugar Cookie Recipe
With all the cooking and baking that has to be done over the Christmas period, it is always great when we find easy recipes that also taste great. This cookie recipe can have those tasty sugar cookies out of the oven in no time at all and ready to go onto your tray.
Easy Sugar Cookie Ingredients:
1 cup powdered sugar
1 cup sugar, plus a bit extra for rolling
1 cup butter
1 cup corn oil
1 tsp salt
1 tsp soda
1 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ tsp of almond flavoring
4 cups of sifted flour
4 tbsp of sifted flour
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix all the ingredients together.
3. Roll the sugar cookie dough into walnut sized balls.
4. Roll the balls in sugar and put onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
5. Dip the base of a glass in sugar and use it to flatten out each ball.
6. Bake for between 12 to 15 minutes until done.
Soft Sugar Cookie Recipe
Everybody has their own version of sugar cookies that really reminds them of Christmas. For some people only soft sugar cookies will do. If you are one of those people than this is the recipe you need to make your Christmas sugar cookie dreams come true this holiday season.
Soft Sugar Cookie Ingredients:
1-1/2 cups butter
2 cups sugar
5 cups all-purpose flour
5 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons nutmeg
1 cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Cream the butter with the sugar and eggs and beat eat until light and fluffy.
3. Sift together the flour, baking powder, nutmeg and salt.
4. With electric mixer on low speed, gradually add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture.
5. Add the milk and mix well.
6. Drop by tablespoonfuls on an ungreased cookie sheet.
7. Sprinkle cookies with granulated sugar.
8. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes and edges begin to brown.
Vegan Sugar Cookie Recipe
Being a vegan doesn't mean you have to miss out on Christmas sugar cookies. Not when you have this vegan cookie recipe on hand. You could make this vegan sugar cookie recipe for carnivores and they would never know it was vegan unless you decided to tell them.
Vegan Sugar Cookie Ingredients:
1 cup vegan butter
3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup vegan white sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 whole egg replacements
1/4 cup Tofutti cream cheese
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Cream together the margarine and sugar in a large bowl.
2. Stir in egg replacements and vanilla.
3. Slowly add the flour, baking powder and cream cheese.
4. Use your hands to finish mixing and then form the dough into a long loaf.
5. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for a few hours.
6. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
7. Grease the cookie sheets, use a non-stick foil or parchment paper.
8. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to 1/4 inch thickness.
9. Cut into desired shapes with cookie cutters.
10. Place cookies about one inch apart on the lined cookie sheets.
11. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes in the preheated oven, until bottoms and edges just start to get light brown.
12. Remove from baking sheet and cool on wire racks.
Brown Sugar Cookie Recipe
Don't you just love it when somebody takes a classic recipe and puts just the slightest twist on it and it turns out to be something really special! These brown sugar cookies are just that little bit different than normal. Which makes them stand out from all the other many sugar cookies the people will be eating over the Christmas period.
Brown sugar cookie ingredients:
1/2 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar, packed
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup milk
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups flour
3/4 cup walnuts; chopped
* walnut halves
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
3. Add vanilla and eggs and beat well.
4. Dissolve the baking soda in milk and then add flour, salt and walnuts.
5. Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto a lightly greased baking sheet
6. Sift granulated sugar over cookies and put a half walnut on each.
7. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until lightly browned.
Makes: 3 dozen cookies.
Sugar Cookie Icing Recipe
Do you think Christmas sugar cookies are boring without a bit of icing on top? Well, then you are going to need a a sugar cookie icing. Lucky for you there is one at hand! Simply use this base sugar cookie icing recipe and just change up the color of the food coloring to get all sorts of colors on your cookies this year.
Sugar cookie icing ingredients:
1 cup powdered sugar, packed
1 1/2 Tbsp. milk
1 1/2 Tbsp. corn syrup
1tsp. vanilla extract
1. Mix the sugar and milk in a small bowl until smooth.
2. Beat in the corn syrup and vanilla extract, until smooth and glossy. If the icing is too thick, add more corn syrup.
3. Divide the icing into small different bowls.
4. Add a few food coloring drops and mix well.
5. Bush on top of sugar cookies. Let rest for 15 minutes to harden.