Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
This chocolate chip cookie is a great base recipe for anybody that wants to put a really good basic chocolate chip recipe in their Christmas cookie collection. There aren't going to be many people aren't going to love to see these cookies on the cookie tray you give them this year.
Chocolate chip cookie ingredients:
2/3 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1/2 cup vegetable shortening
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon almond extract, optional
1 teaspoon vinegar, cider or white
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 large egg
2 cups All-Purpose Flour
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1.Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2.Lightly grease two baking sheets.
3.In a large bowl, combine the sugars, butter, shortening, salt, vanilla and almond extracts, vinegar, and baking soda and beat until smooth and creamy.
4.Beat in the egg, beating till smooth.
5.Scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl with a spatula to make sure everything is thoroughly combined.
6.Mix in the flour.
7.Mix in the chocolate chips.
8.Use a spoon to scoop 1 1/4" balls of dough onto the prepared baking sheets, leaving 2" between them on all sides.
9.Bake the cookies for 11 to 12 minutes, till their edges are chestnut brown and their tops are light golden brown, almost blonde.
10.Remove them from the oven, and cool on the pan till they've set enough to move without breaking. Repeat with the remaining dough.
Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
Being vegan doesn't mean you don't love your cookie! This vegan chocolate chip cookie recipe, will make sure that the vegans on your Christmas list are able to enjoy your Christmas cookies just as much as everybody else. Chances are the non-vegans will be asking for this cookie recipe too!
Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Ingredients:
2 cups unbleached flour
2 tsps baking powder
cinnamon, to taste
vegan chocolate or carob chips
1 cup raw sugar
1/2 cup canola or vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup water
1. Bring all ingredients to room temperature.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. Mix flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in large bowl.
4. Add the amount of chocolate or carob chips you desire.
5. Make a well in the middle and put to one side.
6. Mix the sugar and oil in a medium bowl. Mix well.
7. Add the vanilla and then the water and mix well.
8. Pour the wet mixture into the well you made in the middle of the dry mixture.
10.Spoon onto ungreased cookie sheets.
11. Bake for about 10 minutes, being sure to check on them often.
12. Cool on wire racks allowing them to firm up.
Makes: 2 dozen
Ginger Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
Ginger really is a trendy ingredient these days and it goes especially well with chocolate. The use of the ginger in this chocolate chip cookie recipe, gives the cookies enough difference to be something really special. Yet, they aren't too weird that they will look out of place when they are served up for Christmas.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Ingredients:
6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup white whole-wheat flour, or whole-wheat pastry flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
8 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped crystallized ginger
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place bittersweet chocolate, unsweetened chocolate and butter in a double boiler over hot water.
3. Heat ,until melted.
4. Remove from heat and stir in sugar.
5. Add eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.
6. Mix in flour and baking powder until combined.
7. Stir in chocolate chips and ginger.
8. Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart on greased baking sheet.
9. Bake until the edges are firm and the tops of the cookies lose most of their shine and are set, 8 to 10 minutes.